Friday, January 8, 2010

the Flights

Wednesday Jan 6, 2010

The flight from Buffalo to Boston left on time, and as we climbed out of the heavy overcast that covered all of New York State, we broke out of the clouds to a glorious sunny day on top. It was a strange feeling as we broke out of the clouds. The tops of the clouds looked so still and peaceful. Like a huge sheet of white cotton candy. The flight to Boston took just about an hour. There was a very marked increase in the number of TSA agents (Transportation Security Administration) in Boston, but to be honest, getting thru security wasn’t that much different in either airport. It went pretty fast.
When I arrived in Boston, I stopped in the “Legal C Food Restaurant” (don’t ask me, I didn’t come up with that name!) to get a bite to eat, and since I can’t stand C Food, I asked for a Sam Adams and an order of fries. I figured that would be safe.
I am now on my way to Miami at 30,000 feet, at this moment, and of course, I got the seat that won’t recline, so I figured I would move one seat back which happens to be an Emergency Exit. It has more leg room and I figured it would at least recline. Boy was I wrong! Not only did it not recline, but for some reason, sitting next to that door was like sitting next to an open refrigerator. I almost got freezer burn. Won’t do that again! Even with a blanket between me and the side of the plane, I’m cold.
It’s 9:15pm at the moment, and we are due to land in Miami at 10:20pm.
We actually landed in Miami at 10:00pm, and I am now at the gate waiting for the overnight flight to Santiago scheduled to leave at 11:45pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment