Monday, January 11, 2010

The Adventure Begins

Monday
January 11, 2010

Early tomorrow I plan on starting the bike trip to the dryest desert in the world. I'm first going to go to a place called "Valle Del Elqui", that should take about five hours to get to. Valle Del Elqui is a very picturesque valley on the border of the high desert, and it runs east into the Andes Mountains. I'll spend a day in that area, and then continue north to Bahia Inglesa (English Bay). This is on the Pacific coast and is said to be one of the most beautiful beaches in Chile. I will probably overnight there and continue to San Pedro De Atacama the following day. Probably a day there to see the salt flats and geysers, and then start heading back to Santiago, before heading south to my Aunts ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment