Friday, January 22, 2010

Don Carlos Restaurant


January 22, 2010
Friday

I’ve been in Chile now two weeks, and I thought it was high time I went for an Argentine steak dinner, so tonight I headed down the block and across the street to the “Don Carlos”. This is a high end restaurant in the Argentine tradition. Waiters in white jackets, décor that gives the feel of a Hacienda in Argentina, and top notch service. I ordered a Bife Chorizo, which is a good size juicy Rib Eye steak, accompanied by a Ensalada a la Chilena, a very traditional Chilean salad consisting of sliced tomatoes and thinly sliced onions dressed with Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and a touch of Balsamic Vinegar. Throw in an Escudo, a Chilean beer, and we have a meal!
I asked for the meat “well done” and I have learned that it will arrive at your table a little pink in the middle, something I have learned to live with, because the meat here tastes so good! The meat in the USA has NO taste compared to the meat in this part of the world! It’s always one of the highlights of my trip, and to top off a wonderful meal….an Espreso Coffee. I can’t wait to get to Argentina!

No comments:

Post a Comment