Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kinda Slow Days


New home for the bike

Wed. Jan, 11

The last few days have been spent basically running errands. My passport and my Chilean I.D. card both expire this year so I needed to renew them. The motorcycle now has all its documents up to date and the equivalent of E-Z Pass, which I have for the bike, turns out to have no problems at all. I had some doubts the other day because when I passed under the scanned above the expressway, the screen above the road displayed the word “Baja”. That word can have a variety of meanings like “Get down, Exit, Get off” and I took it to mean that I should get off of the restricted access road due to an issue with the “TAG” (E-Z Pass). Well, it turns out that the word has yet another meaning, “Lower”. It turns out that during certain periods of the day the toll you pay changes. I happened to be using the road during the “Non Peak Hours” hence the word “Baja” or “Lower Toll”, so no problemo after all. Oh, and best of all, I had my old iPhone 3G Jailbroken and I am now able to use it here in Chile. Also, as you can see in the pictures above, we have better accommodations for the motorcycle. My friend Mauricio Vergara who sold me the BMW motorcycle new  here in Santiago, now runs a business called "MotoTechnik". He is the one that sells these motorcycle enclosures that are so convenient to house the bike. When I leave this year, there won't be any wrapping the bike in plastic and having to tie it all up. Just simply put a cover over the bike and close the enclosure. DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment