Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Latest

Ignacio working on my bike

Fri. Jan, 6

I left Santiago around 7:30 this morning with destination Rancagua as I was to meet at Guillermo’s office to get the motorcycle inspected at 9:00am. This inspection couldn’t have been farther from the one in Santiago last year. Last year’s inspection took no less than three hours, most of it waiting in line. I hate waiting in lines! This time the inspection people came to me, picked up the bike, inspected it and returned it to the office while Veronica, (Guillermo’s wife) and I headed to the farmer’s market to shop for fresh veggies. When we returned to the office, the bike was waiting for me all inspected. That’s much better! Now all I have left to do is get the “Permiso de Circulacion”, the equivalent to a registration.

On Thursday I also took the bike to Ignacio Muños whom I met last year. Ignacio has a motorcycle repair shop and he specializes in BMW motorcycle repair. I noticed last year that the engine oil level sight glass on the side of the engine was weeping oil. Probably because of all the time that the bike spends stored. Well, in a bit over an hour it was replace with a part I brought from the U.S.

On Sunday I’m taking the bike to a Copec gas station that I frequent to get the bike washed. It’s pretty dusty from the long storage, then I think I’ll throw a little wax on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment