Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lunch In The Best Place Around

El Chiringuito Restaurant

Fisherman's Bay
Zapallar coastline

Mon. Feb. 14
Today I treated myself to lunch at El Chiringuito. What is a Chiringuito you might ask? Well, probably the best restaurant in the most spectacular location you will ever experience. El Chiringuito is located on the Pacific Ocean in the town of Zapallar, Chile. When I say it’s on the Pacific, I don’t mean it’s near the Pacific, I mean it’s ON the Pacific Ocean. The restaurant is actually built on the rocks that surround the bay of Zapallar. If you dine outside, you will share your table with the seagulls quite literally. It has to be the most beautiful location for a restaurant that I have ever seen. The food there is great as well as the drink, and if you like seafood, you’re in the right place. Sharon tells me the fish is to die for, and I take her word for it because I don’t eat fish or any kind of seafood but of course, you are in Chile. Chile is famous for it’s seafood! Zapallar is a three hour bike ride from Santiago, and well worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment