Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Long Drive Home


February 24, 2010
Wednesday
The time has come to put the bike away until next year. This is always hard to do because the riding here in Chile is so spectacular and here in Santiago you hardly ever have to think about rain gear. But, all good things come to an end and tonight I will be on a Boeing 767 headed back to the good old USA, and the cold of western New York. As a coming home present, the weather man has found nothing better than to forecast heavy snow and 61 mph winds gusts for the Buffalo, New York area just about the time I was to land there, so…. I’m getting off in Boston and driving home. I’ve never landed in driving snow and 61 mile an hour winds before, and I don’t want to start now! The six hour layover in Boston had something to do with my decision too! Hey….see ya all at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment